Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hodgepodge

Today is my parents' 36th wedding anniversary! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! It's nice to know in this day and age of quicky weddings and even quickier :) divorces that there are still people out there willing to make it work. Because as we all know, it is difficult at times to make it work or even to want to make it work. It would be much easier to just turn your back and be done with it. So, Thank You Mom and Dad for making it work! Love you!

I think the boys secretly (and even sometimes not so secretly) like it when I work on the weekend. They always beg their dad to sleep downstairs. It used to be they would make a bed on the floor in the living room and Jas would sleep on the couch and they would watch something fun on TV, usually stuff that mom doesn't like to watch.....ie wrestling, NBA, etc. But now, since we've moved the biggest TV, downstairs they like to make the bed on the floor down there and sleep. I have to admit, I highly encourage this setup. For multiple reasons, some being: I can get up at 4:30am to get ready for work and turn lights on, shower, etc without worrying about waking anyone. I also like this cause I get to watch what I want to watch in Jas and I's room as I'm going to sleep. Also I don't usually end up getting a 5-year-old crawling in bed with me in the middle of the night (sneaky little stinker!). Sadly, I don't usually sleep as good (weird, I know) but as I've often stated sleep is highly over-rated and I do just fine with minimal sleep, to which I am eternally grateful. Especially after being around/with people who need a certain amount and don't get it! :)

Sooo, wonder who's going to win the games today. The boys are hoping to see the Colts vs Vikings at the Super Bowl. Favre and Peterson are going to have their hands full trying to beat the Saints, but I have faith in the old man! :) We have all decided that we would cheer for a good game if it ends up being those two teams. The boys and I like both teams pretty equally. Jas would cheer for Favre, I think.

I already got the paper work on Friday to register Tyler for kindergarten. Crazy, I know. He was pretty excited when he realized what I was getting at the office. Though, he wouldn't show it, tried to do a Kailee half smile. It was cute.

Cody had basketball skills day at the Y yesterday. From just what I saw, he's pretty good for his age. But how could he not be? He and Don(aka Coach) love to go out and play against each other. And most of the time, when Cody can stop giggling long enough, he does okay. And Coach is so patient and informative for Cody! Cody's a little bit of a fouler though............not sure where he got that??? :) Watching him do drills yesterday sure made me want to get out there again myself. I sure my body would seriously PROTEST though!!! :) Jas' city league team is doing good so far. I've had to work each night he's had a game so far, but I finally convinced him that the boys are old enough to take with him. I told him to just sit them behind the bench and take their DS's to play. So he has, and so far they have done great! Cody even told me the other day, that he had a hard time playing his DS because he was watching the game too much! :)

Cody's roller coaster he got from my parents for Christmas is almost done. When I'm home sometime, I'll have to post pictures of the different stages. There were a few parts missing, and I had to call the manufacturer to order them, so that's why it's taken us so long to get it finished, besides the fact that it's pretty extensive!!

No comments: