Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow and Ice cream

Billings is experiencing an unusual event......lots and lots and lots of snow. Now, we are not strangers to snow mind you, but the shear amount is, yes, quite shocking in it's rarity. We have almost tied the record for number of days in a row with snow on the ground. We have had 68 consecutive days of snow on the ground and counting. And as I sit here at work, on the forth floor looking out a patient room window, I see, yes, you guessed it, snow coming down. Big ol' fat flakes of it. So pretty, so prestine and so SLICK!!! :) And with how deep it already is, I really don't see it going away any time soon.


I got to sneak away from work for about a half hour this morning to catch a couple quarters of Cody's b-ball game. And of course, he had scored 6 points before I got there! Oh well! :) Go Cody!! He is doing really good, he again had a little of a fouling problem, but hey, who doesn't??? :)

After school on Friday, we went to Target and got ice cream. I love it, only in a select few states do you go for ice cream when it's freezing temps outside!! And keep your snow gear on while eating it!!


Tyler likes to wear his ice cream. Makes him feel closer to it I guess! :)


Emma (via Kietra) sent me a picture of her and Claire on my phone with the most adorable little "Hi Amber" message yesterday. So this is the pic I took of the boys and sent back to her with them saying "Hi Emma". It was fun.

The boys didn't sit very well at Jas' game last Monday, so they've lost video game priviledges for 2 weeks, it's been interesting watching them go without! They of course fight more, too much time on their hands!(and hence, get in trouble more), but I think this has been good for them!


I got the boys a snow castle building set yesterday at Target. It's pretty cool, there are 2 rectangular forms, one tall, one long, each having turets on the top and a little shovel for scooping and packing. Cody's been big into making a fort outside in the snow this year. And with our massive snow fall this year, the fort's stuck around pretty long. A few weeks ago when he had pretty much used up all the snow in our yard, he talked me into letting him, Ty and his friend take a sled to the school playground to try and bring back one of the big snowballs from there back. It was comical to watch! Too cute! They made it about half way before I had to go pick them up to take the friend home. So we had to leave the snowball. Cody was devistated. He thought for sure the kids would destroy it on the way to school the next day. But it was still there the next day and I think they went and got it after school. Last night Cody and Ty took the new snow fort building gear out and were working on their fort. Well, Jas was out also, knocking snow from the gutters and roof and decided to let the dogs out front. A few minutes later Cody came in and huffed himself down in a chair to pout. So I ask the first questions that came to mind "Did you get in trouble?" "No." "Did you and Ty fight?" "No." "Well, what's the matter then?" "Dad knew that we were working on the fort and he purposely let the dogs out front and Sumo ran right through my fort destroying what I built! Dad did it on PURPOSE!" Now, this may be true, cause Jas is very onery like that, but I decided to give Jas the benefit of the doubt and just believe that he didn't do it on purpose. So, I had to talk Cody down from that, cause he was pretty worked up. And once he settled down he was able to go back out and have fun with the dogs in the snow.

Anyway, it's been a cold, snowy, fun week. Wonder what next will have in store for us!

No comments: