Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The New Year!

Hello All!
I'm am posting my resolutions in hopes of repeated looking at, I will stick to them better! :)

1. The ever and always - get in better shape and lose some weight - I am purposely leaving this very vague in the hopes that it won't scare me away with set times and dates. :) I am going to try and stick to a "for each minute I exercise I can freely allow 2 minutes reading!"
2. Set up a cleaning calendar - each week will feature one room/item of deep clean. This will of course concur with the normal daily cleaning.
3. Stick to a better budget - i.e. grocery shopping once a week (hence sticking to a menu for meals), only going across town once a week.

I am trying to not be unrealistic with resolutions this year. Short, sweet and to the point. No sense in making a lot I won't be able to stick to. I think I will try to set quarterly ones. That way, every three months I can reevaluate and determine what's working, what's not and make adjustments accordingly.

The Holidays were good here. I was scheduled to work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after, all 12 hour days. So in light of this, Jas and I made the extremely hard decision of letting the boys go back to Whitehall with my parents when they came to get my sister and her family after they flew in here to Billings from Boston. I knew the boys would have so much fun with their cousins, aunts, uncles and Grandparents - it was just, of course, hard because Jas and I wouldn't be there with them having fun. But, all went well and they DID have a great time and I was able to (by the skin of my teeth) get Sunday off and head over to Whitehall myself that day. While there we ate A LOT of food, went swimming at Fairmont Hot Springs, and played some very competitive volleyball with the siblings, their husbands and some of the kids. It was so much fun and I still have bruised arms and one extremely bruised knee to show for it. I am considerably slower and less moblie than I used to be *sigh*, but I have to say, even with all the years gone by, my hands still have the "touch" and my sets are still 90% on mark! :)
We stayed home for New Year's, we had been invited to some friend's house, but I went into work that morning to cover a sick call and the boys were both sniffly so we decided to stay home.

Happy Holidays and may this new year bring you all your hearts desires! :)
Tyler's football picture this past fall.
Cody's football pic.
School pictures.
The boys goofing off while decorating the Christmas tree.
Ty helped me make his birthday cake this past year.
The best part of making cake - the beaters!!!
GO BRONCO'S!! Ty wanted a Boise State Smurf Turf cake - we did pretty good! :)

No comments: